Department of Fine and Performing Arts
The mission of the Fine and Performing Arts Studies program at Lake Superior State University is to prepare students for both post-baccalaureate careers and professional schools or graduate level study. This is a multidisciplinary program. Through a personalized course of study, the program provides students with a variety of course work and opportunities that require the integration of various mediums in the production and creation of original work. The program seeks to facilitate the students' potential as artists in diverse areas of study, encourage critical reading, and thinking skills through critique and discussion. In addition, it seeks to foster the development of their individual skills and aesthetic natures. Students in the Fine Arts program will be prepared for careers as fine arts professionals in various contexts that are relevant to the individual student and his/her goals.
The program will:
- Offer courses designed and taught in relationship to current praxis and theory.
- Provide opportunities for further skill development and maturation.
- Continue to develop and improve course offerings.
- Prepare students to think critically and objectively about art and its production.
- Instill in the students, an understanding of the potential of art to communicate across diverse local, national, and international contexts through a variety of platforms.
- Improve facilitation of the program between consortium participants.
- To help students improve, mature, and discover their artistic talents.
- Students will develop a portfolio of work appropriate to their selected concentrations within the program.
- Provide students with the opportunity and guidance to develop an interdisciplinary capstone project resulting in an exhibition, performance, or installation.
- To understand art as it relates to our daily lives and career development.
- To be able to articulate how art is important to our daily lives.
Productions and Performance
Lloyd J. Eddy
Office: ARTS 103
Phone: (906) 635-2593
- Fine Arts Studies (View Catalog)
- Arts Management Concentration
- Dance Concentration
- Theatre Concentration
- Visual Arts Concentration
- Web Design and Management Concentration
- Art - Minor (pdf)
- Communication - BA (pdf)
- Dance - Minor (pdf)
- Fine Arts Studies - BA (pdf)
- Liberal Arts - Associate (pdf)
- Liberal Studies - BA & BS (pdf)
- Professional Communication - Minor (pdf)
- Public Relations - Minor (pdf)
- Theatre - Minor (pdf)
- Speech and Drama - Minor (pdf)