Research and Educational Facility
Completion of the LSSU Center for Freshwater Research and Education (CFRE) will enable LSSU to increase partnerships within the university, local community, and upper Great Lakes region. The renovated facility will integrate student training, research opportunities, and community awareness by partnering with local and international agencies to establish a year-round center of education and research on the upper Great Lakes ecosystems.
News and Events
- ARL Laboratory Manager Roger Greil honored by Michigan DNR
- Hands-on learning at A.D. Johnston High School, Bessemer
- Invasive species alert: Didymo in St. Marys River
- Students conduct research on coastal wetlands of the Great Lakes
- American Fisheries Society publishes research by two LSSU biologists
- Expansion of the ARL receives support from Governor Snyder
- UW-Madison Center for Limnology features Dr. Moerke's sabbatical research
- Derek Crane CNS interview regarding potential benefits of one invasive species - Round Goby
- LSSU students discover new invasive species
- LSSU, Clarkson University propose St. Marys water quality study
- Southbound salmonids
- Chinese fisheries university explores LSSU expertise, collaboration
- Fish and Wildlife Club gets cash thank-you for helping with walleye tourney
- LSSU students volunteer at the Cabela's Master Walleye Circuit (video)
- LSSU partnership means more Atlantic salmon in Michigan waters
- More news ...
Sault Sainte Marie, MI 49783
Phone: (906) 635-1949 | Email: email@example.com
The LSSU Aquatic Research Laboratory will combine education and research on aquatic biota and their associated habitats within the Great Lakes basin to serve the academic, scientific, and public communities. more...
We ask for your support to continue the ARL tradition of fostering excellence in education, science, and community service. To donate, please specify that the gift is for the Aquatic Research Lab.