Arts Center Gallery
5x7 Art Show Fundraiser
About the Event
Sunrise Rotary Club has partnered with the Lake Superior State University Arts Center Gallery for the 5 x 7 Art Show Fundraiser. Works of art are requested of artists in all forms of media on a 5 X 7 canvas…think paintings, drawings, fabric, photography and mixed media for the juried show and fundraiser on April 21, 2017 - May 31, 2017 in the Arts Center Art Gallery.
The official opening of the art show will be on
April 21, 2017
Arts Center Art Gallery
The preview reception that includes music, hors d’oeuvres, and cash bar.
The reception is from 6:30-8:30 p.m. when those in attendance will have the first opportunity to view and purchase these original works of art for $50.00.
The artist’s name will be hidden on all artwork until it is revealed at the end of the show. The three best, as determined by a local panel of artists, will be awarded prizes – Best in Show: $300; 2nd Place $200; Third Place $100 at the preview reception.
Please make a small work for us! This is the third year of what we hope will grow into a premier annual event/fundraiser. Your participation makes a real difference! The proceeds from the sale of your generously donated original art will be shared equally for the good works of Rotary, locally and globally, such as third world water projects, youth, and literacy projects and the LSSU Arts Center Gallery for exhibition programming. 5x7 canvases are provided if you so desire and may be picked up at the Alberta House or at the Art Store in Sault Ste. Marie Michigan
Please print and fill out the form below and mail or deliver with each finished piece to the
Center Gallery during hours of operation OR
650 W. Easterday Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
Deadline date to Friday, April 7
Guidelines for the Exhibition
- 2017 Theme: "Through a Window"
- Work is due no later than Friday, April 7, 2017 and should be dropped off at the LSSU Arts Center Gallery April 3-7 (Monday through Friday noon-4pm) or mailed to Sharon Dorrity, LSSU Foundation, 650 W. Easterday Avenue, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783 with completed registration form.
- There is no limit on the number of works an artist can submit
- The artwork must be that of the registered artist
- Artwork must be completed, dry, and free of loose media (i.e., no flaking or rubbing off)
- Artwork should be unframed on a 5 X 7 canvas board provided by the artist or one will be provided upon request for any artist agreeing to donate a piece of art
- Any media is acceptable but the work cannot extend beyond the 5 X 7 sides or protrude more than one inch except for sculptures which must be on a 5 X 7 base and be no more than 7 inches high or wide
- Please do NOT write your name on the front of the work!! Please write on the BACK of the canvas: 1) Artist’s name 2) Title of work 3) indicate the top of your work
- The Rotary Club has the right to refuse to display any work it feels is not appropriate
- The three best, as determined by a juried artist panel, will be awarded prizes – Best in Show: $300; 2nd Place $200; Third Place $100 at the preview reception.
- The donated work will become the property of the Rotary Club and will be displayed for sale for one month at the LSSU Arts Center Gallery
- Unsold work may be sold, donated, or returned to the artist at the Rotary Club’s discretion
- The Rotary Club has the right to use images of any work on advertising materials or publications including on digital media
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What's the deadline?
Q. How do I submit work?
Q. Where does the money from the "sale" of my piece(s) go?
Q. Will the artists find out who purchased their artwork?
Q. How will the work be sold?
Q. If my piece does not sell during the exhibition will I get it back?
Q. Will all artworks be displayed?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do I need an art background to submit artwork?
Q. Can I submit more than one piece?
Q. Can my piece be 3D (three dimensional)?
Q. Can I submit metal, ceramic, or fabric works?
Q. I want to frame my pieces in wood frames, if I supply the hanging materials can I submit these works?
Q. Does 5"x7" include a border or mat? Can my piece be smaller than 5x7 inches?
Q. Can I submit a series?
Q. If the work is hung anonymously, will I receive any marketing benefits?
Q. Can I sign my work?
Q. Can I build a 5x7 video installation?
Chippewa County Sunrise Rotary Club
Sponsorships will be used for cash prizes to be awarded to the top three 5 x 7 works of art to be judg a local artist panel and reception expenses. All sponsors will Reception and will be listed on the 5x7 Art Show web page.
Interested businesses may complete the form below and submit it, along with the sponsorship fee, to Sharon Dorrity, LSSU Foundation, 650 W. Easterday Avenue, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783 to help make this event a success!
For further information, please contact Sharon Dorrity, LSSU Arts Center Gallery manager at 906-635-2665 or firstname.lastname@example.org.