This degree provides an initial framework in computer science which allows you to branch into many career paths. Students complete a capstone “real-world” project in their sophomore year. You will often choose a project that relates to your specific interests, such as Web page design, database administration, and applications or systems programming.
Departmental Courses (34 credits)
- CSCI103 Survey of Computer Science 3
- CSCI105 Intro. to Computer Programming 3
- CSCI121 Principles of Programming 3
- CSCI122 Programming Tools and Techniques 3
- CSCI163 Troubleshooting/Repair of Personal PCs 3
- CSCI315 Computer Organization and Architecture 3
- CSCI201 Data Structures and Algorithms 3
- CSCI211 Database Applications 3
- CSCI221 Computer Networks 3
- CSCI291 Computer Science Project 4
- MATH111* College Algebra 3
- MATH207 Principles of Statistical Methods 3
Support Courses (7 credits)
Free Electives (13 credits)
General Education: All LSSU Associate’s degree candidates must complete the LSSU general education core requirements, or have earned the MACRAO Stamp (Michigan Community College transfer students), or have completed the general education certification (Sault College transfer students).
A minimum of 62 credits (at the 100 level or higher) must be earned for graduation with a cumulative gpa of 2.00 or higher. A gpa of 2.00 or higher is also required in your Major, as well as in your General Education Core Requirements.
*May be used for general education credit.