This program is designed for those who do not plan to go to college for four years but desire a working knowledge in the field of accounting. The program provides students with knowledge in the accounting techniques used in business as well as knowledge of economics, business law, data processing and business communication. After completing this program, you may transfer to the four-year program without loss of credits.
- ACTG132 Principles of Accounting I 4
- ACTG133 Principles of Accounting II 4
- ACTG232 Intermediate Accounting I 4
- ACTG233 Intermediate Accounting II 4
- ACTG332 Cost Accounting I 4
- ACTG421 Federal Taxation Accounting I 3
- BUSN231 Business Communication 3
- BUSN350 Business Law I 3
- DATA235 Spreadsheets 3
- ECON201 Principles of Macroeconomics 3
- ECON202 Principles of Microeconomics 3
- FINC245 Principles of Finance 3-4
- FINC341 Managerial Finance 3-4
General Education: All LSSU Associate’s degree candidates must complete the LSSU general education core requirements, or have earned the MACRAO Stamp (Michigan Community College transfer students), or have completed the general education certification (Sault College transfer students).
A minimum of 64 credits (at the 100 level or higher) must be earned for graduation with a cumulative gpa of 2.00 or higher. A gpa of 2.00 or higher is also required in your Major, as well as in your General Education Core Requirements.