Making an Appointment
Students need to schedule an appointment to be seen. There are no walk-in sessions offered except in emergency or urgent situations. Tell the receptionist if you need to be seen immediately and we will make every effort to ensure you will be seen as soon as possible. A counseling session is typically scheduled for 45 minutes. If it is a student's first time being seen, the student will need to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time in order to complete the necessary paperwork.
How to Make an Appointment:
Appointments for counseling are made through the Counseling Services receptionist.
Counseling appointments can be made by calling (906) 635-2752. If you get our voicemail, please leave a message that includes your name and phone number. We will get back to you as soon as possible. If you prefer, you may contact Counseling Services in person by stopping by our front desk at 623 W. Easterday Ave between the hours of 8:00am - 4:30pm. Counseling Services is closed when the university is closed and summer and holiday hours vary.
- Location: 623 W. Easterday Ave (next door to the Health CARE Center)
- Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm (Hours may vary)
- Contact Information: Telephone (906) 635-2752
- E-mail is not used for scheduling appointments, counseling issues, or emergency contact and is not monitored 24 hours a day.
- Eligibility: All LSSU students who are fully admitted and currently enrolled
- Fees: Services are free of charge.
Prior to seeing a counselor, students will need to:
1. Complete the Student Intake Form available at the Counseling Services reception area.
2. Read and sign the Policy Statements and Student Consent for Services form available at the Counseling Services reception area.