- First, students must be registered with Disability Services to receive any accommodations. To register, go http://lssu.edu/disability/intakeprocess.php and review the registration process, then contact the Disability Services Office.
- Then, at the beginning of each academic year, students seeking accommodation services need to:
- Indicated to Disability Services (DS) their desire to receive accommodation services by coming in to the office and picking up their Letter of Accommodation for each professor;
- If requested, provide updated, relevant, and current disability documentation;
- Complete any necessary forms for requesting accommodations (i.e., requests for textbooks, note takers, equipment, etc…);
- Meet with their professors to discuss their individual accommodations.
To schedule an exam with accommodations students may: call 906-635-2355 or x2355 from on campus, send an e-mail to email@example.com, or stop by Room 147 or 149 in the Library.
Testing Rules for Students
Disability Services also provides accommodated testing services. To use these services students are required to read and understand the testing rules. Students will be asked to sign these rules the first time they test with Disability Services.
If eligible to take exams in our accommodated testing rooms, students must notify their professor and follow the testing rules listed below:
- Make testing appointments 36 hours in advance
- Schedule tests for the same day and time as class tests
- Arrive on time for tests
- Be ready to begin when you arrive
- All cell phones and electronic devices must remain in the office
- Cheating will be reported
- You may not take apart stapled exams unless preapproved
- No talking allowed in testing room
- Hats not allowed in testing room unless preapproved
- Scratch paper, Scantron, pencil or pen will be provided
- Go to the bathroom BEFORE you begin as you MAY NOT be allowed to go later
Exceptions to these rules may be considered on a case by case basis.
Alternative formats of this web page are available upon request.