Mary Been, Ph.D.
Department of English and Languages
College of Arts, Letters, and Social Sciences
Lake Superior State University
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
Courses Fall 2013
- ENGL110-SCI: First-Year Composition for Natural Science Majors
(Writing in the Sciences)
- COMM101: Fundamentals of Communication
M: 11:15-1:15; T: 2:15-3:15; W: 11:15-12:15; TH: 2:15-3:15
...and by appointment.
If you are unable to make the times listed above, please email me to arrange an appointment. (email@example.com)
All the courses I teach
- Communication 101: Fundamentals of Communication
- Communication 399: Communication Internship
- English 091: Preparation for College Reading and Writing
- English 110: First Year Composition I
- English 110: First Year Composition I: Science
- English 111: First Year Composition II (Website for ENGL111 classes)
- English 180: Introduction to Literary Studies
- English 232: American Literature II
- English 233: English Literature I
- English 236: Literature and Culture
- English 306: Technical Writing
- English 340: Genre Studies
- English 404: Literature Before 1800
- English 405: Romanticism
- English 406: 19th Century Literature
- English 421: History of Literary Criticism
- English 490: Senior Thesis
- Honors 401: Honors Thesis
- Humanities 256: Introduction to Film
- INTD 399: Communication Internship
- Faculty Association Executive Council
(2010 - present)
- Self Study: Writer, Chapter Two: Learning Focused, which included: Assessment, General Education, Learning, Scholarship, Lifelong Learning, Organizational Learning (2011)
- Accreditation Steering Committee
- Co-Chair: Criterion Three
- General Education Committee
- Chair: English and Communication Sub-Committee
Writing Across the Peninsula (WAP) Conference Co-Founder
A yearly academic conference on the topic of rhetoric and composition for college and high school teachers
2010: Michigan Technological University
"Exploring the Range"
Sept. 23-24, 2010
2011: Northern Michigan University
"Shifting Shorelines: Revision at the Water's Edge"
Oct. 27-28, 2011
2012: Lake Superior State University
Oct. 27-28, 2012
2013: Michigan Technological University
"Revolutionary ‘Riting: Working-class Perspectives and the 1913-14 Michigan Copper Strike"
Thursday Oct.24 - Saturday Oct. 26
CFP and Conference Information:
I'm currently in the process of developing webpages for each of the areas below, gathering material that may be helpful to my students and colleagues.
Check back soon!
Guidelines for college writers