Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
Students who are first-time borrowers of a Federal Direct Loan at LSSU are required to complete mandatory loan counseling prior to receiving loan funds.
You may complete the entrance counseling tutorial at www.studentloans.gov. (Note: Do not select the Grad/PLUS session.)
Steps to complete Entrance Counseling:
1. Sign into www.studentloans.gov.
2. Click on Complete Counseling.
3. Click on Entrance Counseling.
4. Select up to 3 schools that will be notified. (Be sure to select LSSU.)
5. Check mark that you are completing entrance counseling to receive Undergraduate direct loans.
6. Click Continue.
7. Read through the information in order to answer the questions.
8. Once completed, the indicated school(s) will receive confirmation of completion.
NOTE: You may also need to complete and sign an electronic Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.gov before disbursement.
If you have any questions, please contact us by phone at 906-635-2678 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.