Financial Aid Office
Financial Literacy and Related Websites
For more information see the following links:
- www.michigan.gov/mistudentaid :
a very helpful and informative site by the State of Michigan. Click on Borrowers, then on Financial Resources Database. Choose from the drop down menu of many sources of a variety of topics.
- www.debt.org: America's Debt Help Organization. Check out the Student Loan Center as well as the numerous other links for overall debt management and financial education.
- www.collegeanswer.com : sponsored by Sallie Mae Corp. Designed to provide assistance to a variety of matters encountered when deciding to go to college, from selection to financing.
- www.mappingyourfuture.biz/money : a general money management site geared to address money and careers issues from a variety of age ranges.
- www.Salliemae.com : a couple of good links are the “education investment planner” and “be debt savvy”
- www.annualcreditreport.com : a FREE credit report – no strings attached. You can request one per year.
- www.creditcardinsider.com/credit-cards/students: Great information about using credit cards responsibly, as a student.
- www.jumpstart.org : A private organization designed to increase personal financial education for all ages. Scroll down and click on the “Clearinghouse” link. There are hundreds of free publications on a variety of topics.
- www.donotcall.gov : Register your phone numbers to decrease phone solicitations.
- www.finaid.org/loans : Sponsored by CitiGroup, a good informational site regarding financial aid and loans.
- www.bls.gov/oco : Bureau of Labor Statistics. Search the Occupational Outlook Handbook to find “entry-level” starting salaries for various occupations.
- www.irs.gov : Publication 970 provides information on all tax benefits for education.
- www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm : Federal Trade Commission (FTC) provides practical information on a variety of consumer topics including automobiles, computers and the internet, credit and loans, telemarketing scams, identity theft, privacy, and security.
- www.nefe.org : National Endowment for Financial Education. NEFE is a national non-profit foundation dedicated to financial literacy efforts. Check out the Financial Literacy Resource Center.
- www.myfico.com/CreditEduation : Fair Isaac and Company (FICO) credit education center provides detailed information on understanding credit and credit scoring.
- www.insure.com : Provides articles, facts and tools regarding obtaining all types of insurance.
- www.handsonbanking.org : Fun program that covers the basics of good money management for all ages, and the skills you need to create a brighter future. Blog.wellsfargo.com/studentloandown: Interesting information, and opportunity to ask questions about borrowing for college, repaying debt, budgeting your money, and more.
- www.beyond.com : job search web site
- http://content.monster.com : career advice
- Repayment Tips for Struggling Borrowers : Helpful information for student loan repayment problems.
- GreenPath: Debt Solutions for students struggling with payments on student loans, and/or any other type of consumer debt (credit card, car loan, mortage). FREE one-hour discussion with a financial advisor who helps you explore options and create a plan for financial success.