Eligibility is determined by the Financial Aid Office for all students admitted by April 15th for the following fall semester or December 1st for spring semester.
Scholarship criteria is reviewed each year and subject to change. Scholarships are described here as awarded for 2010-11.
All recipients in this section are selected by the Financial Aid Committee and may choose any degree curriculum offered by the University.
Transfer scholarships are normally renewable for a second year, provided the recipient meets the university’s scholarship renewal criteria.
The eligible student must be entering LSSU for the first time directly from another college (students sitting out more than one semester are not eligible for scholarship consideration) as a full-time student. Awards are based on the cumulative GPA earned at all schools prior to start of the first LSSU semester, with a minimum of 24 earned college credits and a maximum of 90 attempted college credits at any combination of other accredited schools.
If the transfer student has less than 24 earned credits at time of admission (prior to April 15th), official transcripts are required by July 1st for scholarship consideration for the following academic year.
*Students who have taken LSSU classes prior to admission as a full time student (such as transfer students from Sault College), must have earned a minimum LSSU cumulative GPA comparable to the minimum needed for the transfer scholarship.
For example, a student with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 from another college, must have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 from LSSU for any credits taken as a dually-enrolled student to quality for the Academic Excellence Transfer Scholarship.
Board of Trustees Distinguished Transfer Scholarship
- Value: up to $4,500 per year ($3,000 + $1,500 if Room & Board)— renewable for second year
- Criteria: merit based; earned cumulative GPA of 3.8 or higher
Board of Trustees Academic Excellence Transfer Scholarship
- Value: up to $3,000 per year ($2,000 + $1,000 if Room & Board)— renewable for second year
- Criteria: merit based; earned cumulative GPA of 3.5-3.79
Board of Trustees Academic Honors Transfer Scholarship
- Value: up to $1,500 per year ($1,000 + $500 if Room & Board)— renewable for second year
- Criteria: merit based; earned cumulative GPA of 3.3-3.49
ΦΘK (Phi Theta Kappa) Scholarship
- Value: $1,000 per year — renewable for second year
- Criteria: must be a certified member of Phi Theta Kappa; earned cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher