2011 - 2012 Incoming Freshman Scholarships (In-State)
Scholarship criteria is reviewed each year and subject to change. Scholarships are described here as awarded for 2011-12.
Eligibility is automatically evaluated by the Financial Aid Office for all students admitted by March 1st for the following academic year.
All recipients in this section are selected by the Financial Aid Committee and may choose any degree curriculum offered by the University. Students must be U.S. citizens and current graduates of an accredited Michigan high school.
Scholarships are awarded based on a point scale that is approved annually by the Financial Aid Committee. Fifty percent weight is given to the overall high school GPA and 50 percent is based on the highest ACT composite score received by March 1.
All renewable scholarships are based on the recipient meeting the University’s scholarship renewal criteria.
Board of Trustees Distinguished Scholarship
- Value: up to $8,000 per year ($5,000 + $3,000 if Room & Board)— renewable
- Criteria: merit based; Michigan resident; minimum points 186 (example: 3.80 GPA and 28 ACT)
Board of Trustees Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Value: up to $5,000 per year ($3,000 + $2,000 if Room & Board)— renewable
- Criteria: merit based; Michigan resident; 161.5-185.99 points (example: 3.50 GPA and 24 ACT)
Board of Trustees Academic Recognition Scholarship
- Value: up to $3,000 per year ($2,000 + $1,000 if Room & Board)— renewable
- Criteria: merit based; Michigan resident; 137.5-161.49 points (example: 3.30 GPA and 21 ACT)