"I worked with many great athletes and coaches, allowing me the opportunity to gain experience and confidence that without, I wouldn’t be where I am today. LSSU not only gave me my undergraduate education but I gained lifelong friends and connections that will go with me in whatever endeavor that I attempt. Athletic Training at LSSU changed my life and changed my goal in life for the better. "
Central Michigan University
How YOU can support LSSU
With over 300 fund designations, there’s a giving opportunity for everyone!
"The Fund for LSSU provides funding for the university’s areas of greatest need. Unrestricted contributions offer resources that benefit all LSSU students and assists in providing top-notch classrooms, labs, study spaces and facilities. Your gift helps our students take full advantage of the educational opportunities that LSSU has to offer.
- Gifts to the Greater Lake State Fund provide dollars for financial aid programs. More than 85% of our students receive some type of financial assistance, and gifts to the fund help provide opportunities for students who would otherwise be unable to afford a college education.
- Give back to your academic program or major – by joining like-minded alumni, students, parents, faculty and friends. Your gift makes an impact that will enhance the educational experience that made a difference in your life by supporting the next generation LSSU students in your chosen career path.
- Help renovate and restore historic South Hall as the new academic building. This adaptive re-use project will create a 21st century teaching and learning facility with dynamic new features in one of LSSU’s original Fort Brady-era buildings.
- Provide funding for critical research through the Undergraduate Research Grant program. The competitive awards help fund a wide variety of rigorous senior research projects that are required for graduation.
- Support the work of the Aquatic Research Lab (ARL) to promote and conduct hands-on training for undergraduate students in freshwater science, fisheries & wildlife management and fi)sh health. Help renovate and relocate the ARL to a new facility by supporting the ARL Building Project.
- Support Laker Athletics by making a contribution to any one of the twelve Laker athletics sports – hockey, volleyball, men & women’s basketball, golf, softball, tennis, cross country, and track. Gifts can be designated to the Laker Athletics general fund or to a specific sport.
- Laker Club gives scholarship aid to student-athletes participating in varsity sports at LSSU and provides operational support to the Laker Athletic program.
- Give to the LSSU Arts Center in support of the theatre and dance programs or be a sponsor of Arts Center performances held throughout the year. Gifts can be designated to a cultural program such as theatre, dance, art, or music. You may also purchase a naming opportunity by supporting the LSSU Arts Center Have A Seat Campaign.
- Giving to a Scholarship is one of the most enduring ways to make a difference in the lives of LSSU students. For a complete list of available scholarships, or to discover how to establish a new scholarship, visit the LSSU Foundation website.
For other giving opportunities, or to learn how to include Lake Superior State University in your gift planning, please call the Foundation at
906-635-2665 or e-mail email@example.com
Your gift can make a real impact at LSSU.
Make a Gift Today – Make A Difference Tomorrow