GEAR UP (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs) is a federally funded program that provides college awareness and enrichment activities for middle and high school students. Established in 1998 by the Higher Education Act (1965), the mission of GEAR UP is to increase the number of low-income students who are who are confidently prepared to enter and succeed in post-secondary education. The GEAR UP program is active in many different states across the US, administered and funded by the US Department of Education and the KCP initiative
Exploration Sensation May 2016
Families In Schools’ Alliance 2016 Summit
Student Success Video Contest
Due October 10th, 2016
In partnership with Disney|ABC Television Group, Families In Schools will be giving away two tickets (a value of $350) to five community members who display a passion for education and are ready to share how they plan to inspire student success in their communities.
How to Enter
- Like the Families In Schools page on Facebook
- By October 3rd, 2016, post a short video on the Families in Schools Facebook page (2 mins. max) tagging Disney|ABC Inspired with the hashtags #Alliance2016 and #StudentSuccess answering:
- How can you inspire student success in your community?
- Why you would like two (2) Disney|ABC Television Group Alliance 2016 tickets?
- Share your video with your friends and encourage them to share, too.
For further details and deadlines, visit the Families in Schools Contest Page.
Central Michigan University College Tour (pdf) - November 8th
- Departing from Lake Superior State University’s Native American Center at 7:30am and returning at 7pm
Tour includes a campus admissions tour at Central Michigan University, a tour of the Ziibiwing Center and lunch
- All activities are free for students who are members of the 2017 high school graduating class, attending the following schools: Ojibwe Charter School, Pickford High School, Malcolm High School, Sault Area High School, and Whitefish Township High School.
- To sign up for this campus tour, contact the MI GEAR UP team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (906)-635-2068