Lake Superior State University has remained accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association since 1968. This regional accreditation body was established in 1895 and currently oversees more than 1000 higher education institutions from 19 states.
- The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413. Phone: 312-263-0456; 800-621-7440. Fax: 312-263-7462. www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org
Individual academic programs may be accredited by disciplinary based organizations when those programs meet the criteria and performance standards of that organization. Program accreditation is a reflection of a program's integrity and alignment with recognized quality standards. Periodic review and reaccreditation of individual programs occurs independently from, but contingent upon, the regional accreditation of the institution. LSSU participates with the program accreditation organizations listed below.
- ATHLETIC TRAINING The Athletic Training Education Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE), 2201 Double Creek Drive, Suite 5006, Round Rock, TX 78864. Phone: 512-733-9700. Fax: 512-733-9701. www.caate.net
- BUSINESS The following business programs at are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP): Accounting (BS), Business Administration - Entrepreneurship (BS), Business Administration - International Business (BS), Business Administration - Management (BS), Business Adminstration - Marketing (BS), and Finance & Economincs (BS). The Business Adminstration - Generalist degree is regionally accredited, but has been excluded from ACBSP accreditation at this time.
- CHEMISTRY The Bachelor of Science in Chemistry is approved by The American Chemical Society Committee on Professional Training, 1155 Sixteenth Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20036. Phone: 202-872-4589. Fax: 202-872-6066. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. www.acs.org/cpt
- COMPUTER, ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING The computer, electrical and mechanical engineering bachelor's programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012. Phone: 410-347-7700. www.abet.org
- EDUCATOR PREPARATION The Educator Preparation Programs at Lake Superior State University are accredited by the Inquiry Brief Commission of the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). 2010 Massachusetts Ave., NW Suite 500 Washington, DC 20036. Phone: 202-223-0077. www.caepnet.org
- ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH The Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health is accredited by:
- National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC), 8620 Roosevelt Way NE Suite A, Seattle, WA 98115. Phone: 206-522-5272. Email: email@example.com. www.ehacoffice.org
- Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors (CIPHI) National, #720-999 W. Broadway, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1K5, (604) 739-8180. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. www.ciphi.ca
- FIRE SCIENCE The Bachelor of Science in Fire Science is approved by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress, 1700 West Tyler, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078. Phone: 405-744-8303. www.ifsac.org
- MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY The bachelor's program in Manufacturing Engineering Technology is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012. Phone: 410-347-7700. www.abet.org
- NURSING The Bachelor of Science in Nursing is approved by the Michigan Board of Nursing and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Evaluation in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30326. Phone: 404-975-5000. Fax: 404-975-5020. www.acenursing.org