LSSU Honors Program Graduates
EXTRA WORK, EXTRA HONOR – Lake Superior State University Honors program students are recognized during commencement day breakfast on April 27 in Sault Ste. Marie, Mich. From the left are Sarah Becks (Cheboygan, Mich.), who completes her degree in English language and literature/secondary education; Joselyn Coullard (Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.), biology; Thomas Hubbert (Holly, Mich.), political science; Ashley Ryckman (Houghton Lake, Mich.), biochemistry/pre-professional; and Christine Larkin (Troy, Mich.), biology. Honors students must graduate with a minimum grade point average of 3.5 and complete 21 Honors credits, including a senior-year honors thesis reviewed and approved by a council of five faculty members. Run a Web search on "LSSU Honors program" for details. (LSSU/John Shibley)
HONORS SCHOLARS – Lake Superior State University Honors program students Robert Steinhoff and Jeanna Radzinski are introduced before commencement on April 28 in Sault Ste. Marie, Mich., by honors program director Prof. Jason Swedene. Honors students must graduate with a minimum grade point average of 3.5 and complete 21 Honors credits, including a senior-year honors thesis reviewed and approved by a council of five faculty members and at least three students. Steinhoff, from Munising, Mich., graduated magna cum laude and was selected as outstanding political science graduate. He plans to attend law school this fall. Radzinski, from Sterling Heights, Mich., graduated cum laude and was selected as outstanding communication graduate. She will attend graduate school at Boston University where she will study communication and broadcasting. (LSSU/John Shibley)
Dr. Jason K. Swedene (podium) introduces and acknowledges the accompishments of the May 2009 Honors Program graduates. The nine graduates appear left to right in the 2009 order (below).
- Peter Bonneau (Biology) -------(In the news: Honors biology student gets best project prize for Sault Naturalists club )
- Patrick Chin (Engineering)
- Brittany Clone (Business)
- Mary-Ellen Hemming (Psychology)
- Jessica Hirt (English)
- Neal Maynard (Criminal Justice)
- Jordan Meyer (Engineering)
- Jessica Norton (History)
- Lisa Sanderson (History)
- Lisa Anderson (History)
- Jamie Brown (Psychology)
- Alex Mwai (Chemistry) studies graduate Nuclear Chemistry at the University of Rochester.
- Heather Mydosh (English) studies comparative literature at the University of Aberdeen in Scotland.
- Hilary Kozma (Political Science)
- Hillary Edison (Psychology) studies graduate Behavioral Neuroscience at the Memorial University in Newfoundland.
- Erik Fredericks (computer science / engineering)
- Amanda Falk (Biology)
Prof. Jason Swedene, LSSU's Honors Program director, introduces, from left, Hilary Edison, Amanda Falk, Erik Fredericks (computer science/ engineering), Hilary Kozma (political science/legal assistant studies), and Heather Mydosh (English language and literature) (Photo by John Shibley)
Click here to download a print-version 5x7
Click here to read the commencement release
- Nancy (Braschayko) McNamara (Chemistry) attends the University of Michigan School of Medicine.