Redefining the Classroom

Move-in day can be stressful event, but LSSU Faculty & Staff are available to help you including just giving directions to moving all those boxes into your student's room.

Applications / Cancellations / Handbooks


Applications and Contracts

To live on campus, fill out and sign an application for University housing and dining services. An assignment will be made after the first room and board payment is received. Meal plans are selected on the Residence Hall/Dining Services Contract. Signed contracts are required before moving into the unit. If you are under 18, a parent’s signature is required. Housing contracts are for a full academic year or the balance of the year if a student moves in at a time other than the start of school. The Director of Campus Life and Housing can make arrangements for a partial year contract.


Residence Hall Applications and Contracts may be cancelled before June1st without penalty. Applications are automatically cancelled on June1st if the first room and board payment has not been received by the University. If you cancel your application after June 1st for fall semester or after December 10 for spring semester, and before checking into residence halls, there will be a $100 charge.

If you cancel your housing contract after moving in, you will be charged an early termination fee of $500. You can cut this fee in half by giving two weeks’ (charge weeks) cancellation notice and by checking out properly with Campus Life. Anyone leaving the residence halls within the last two weeks of a semester will pay for the remainder of the semester.

There are three exceptions to this policy. These apply to students who are withdrawing from school (except for disciplinary reasons), graduating, or for students who are exempted by the Director of Campus Life and Housing for financial or medical reasons.

If you need to withdraw from school for any reason, be sure to complete the checkout procedure and check with the Registrar’s Office for the procedure for dropping classes. Campus Life handles all withdrawals from University housing.



To request special accommodations, in addition to filling out the housing application, it is required that you register with the LSSU Office of Accessibility Services. The coordinator of the Accessibility Services will verify your disability and advise housing staff of appropriate accommodation. Housing staff will facilitate the housing accommodation based on application date and availability. Questions about accessible student housing may be directed to Mr. Scott Korb, Director of Campus Life and Housing.