Living Areas: Osborn Hall
Osborn Hall opened in 1967 and was the first of several new resident halls built over a 10-year span at Lake Superior State University. The building is named after Chase Osborn, the only Michigan Governor from the Upper Peninsula.
Osborn Hall is a three story women’s residence hall, with 120 rooms and home to as many as 233 students. The small-side of Osborn Hall houses upper-class females, while the large-side houses freshmen females that have been out of high school for less than fifteen months. A study lounge, mailboxes, two laundry rooms, and two TV lounges are located in Osborn Hall for students' use. There are also twenty four smaller lounges located throughout the floors and hallways. Bathrooms are community by building and are cleaned and maintained by custodial staff daily.
Hall Mailing Address
Packages can be shipped through the U.S. Postal Service, FedEx or UPS. Packages and letters should be addressed using the following format:
Osborn Hall #______
680 W. Easterday Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
The Housing Office will only deliver mail that is addressed to our students. Not addressing mail to the student who the mail is intended for will cause it to be returned to the sender.
Osborn Hall is comprised of two-person rooms which come furnished with beds, built-in closets/dressers and desks with chairs. All mattresses are 36”x80” and require twin extra-long sheets.
Room Dimensions: (approximately)
- Osborn Hall Small-side: 10ft 8in x 14ft 8in (ceilings 8ft high)
- Osborn Hall Large-side: 10ft 8in x 14ft 8in (ceilings 8ft high)
The Housing Office does its best to provide you with information about your current or future room. However, these room dimensions are approximately the size listed above.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- All residence halls are tobacco free.
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among nonresident guests within a limited length of stay of three (3) nights with approval from roommate(s).
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times.
- Quiet Hours and Exterior Lock Up:
- Sunday – Thursday: 10pm to 10am
- Friday and Saturday: Midnight to 10am
- All of small-side and rooms 111 to 135 on large-side are designated as quiet halls. 24-hour quiet hours are in effect for these two areas.
Osborn Hall is staffed by an Area Coordinator (AC) and seven Resident Advisors (RAs). The staff's main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
Back to: Housing Home Page