Majoring in History, minor in Geography...
Jacqueline "Jackie" Sytsma
Hometown: Novi and Cedarville, MI
Activities on and off Campus:
Political Science club
- Discretionary Funding Committee
- College Republicans
- Work part-time off campus
Favorite thing about Lake State:
Being such a small campus, it gives you the opportunity to be part of school activities without being intimidated. Plus, the campus being so small enables you to make good friends with students and professors.
Best thing about going to school in Sault Ste. Marie:
The fact of being on an International border, it gives you the opportunity to meet people from all areas. I love being on the St. Mary's River and seeing the freighters. At first the freighters fog horns will scare you, however, when your're away you miss them.
What are some “Words of Wisdom” you would give to new LSSU Students?
- Take Vitamin C!
- Take advantage of the S.A.C.-create a work out and make it a routine.
- Try to get 8 hours of sleep everyday-it keeps you from getting sick.
- Also, schedule appointments with your professors, being on a first name basis, and them knowing your name, will help you out.