Computer Use Policies
There is a 10 cents per page charge for printing, unless you have a current LSSU identification card. For LSSU students, please try and limit your pages to a maximum of 20 per day. Thank you.
Library Computer Use policy:
- All users are expected to know and abide by LSSU's Information Technology Policy.
- The computers are for use by anyone at no charge, during regular Library hours.
- Research by Library patrons takes precedence over all other uses of the computers (such as, e-mail). If a user is engaged in non-academic activity, the individual may be asked to give up the use of the computer to another user.
- Users are not to engage in activities that might reasonably be considered offensive or abusive to others in the library.
- Restriction of a child's access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
- The library does not limit the number of individuals using a single workstation because we recognize that group work can be a valuable learning experience. However, if a group creates a disturbance that hinders the effective use of the library by others, they will be asked to change their behavior, disband, and/or leave the library as appropriate.
- It is unlawful to copy copyrighted software. Users attempting to circumvent this legality will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Under no circumstances is a user to load or run any additional software on one of the Library computers, or in any way change or attempt to bypass the desktop configuration as established.
Violation of these guidelines may result in loss of computer access and further disciplinary action, including suspension and possible legal action. Users may be held responsible for any damages or expenses resulting from any use of the Library's computer resources in violation of this Library Computer User Policy.