Application for Admission:
Clinical Portion of the Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program
Please contact the School of Nursing at (906) 635-2288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in transferring from another school and/or have questions about the admissions process to the LSSU BSN program. You may also contact the LSSU Office of Admissions at (906) 635-2231 for general questions about admission to the university (ie: Financial Aid, Housing, etc.).
- Fall Cohort Admission: May 10th
- Spring Cohort Admission: Dec 10th
NOTE: We do NOT have or maintain a waiting list for entry in to the LSSU BSN program. Admissions to fall semester and spring semester are selected from applications received for each cohort. We select 28 qualified applicants for each cohort.
- Application period for Fall 2016 entry is over. The next application period will be for Spring 2017 entry. Application link will be posted during the 3rd week of September. Applications for the Spring 2017 cohort are due December 10th, 2016.
Directions for Students
- Students who will have completed all pre nursing courses or will complete prior to the anticipated clinical start date need to complete this application packet. NOTE: Application to the nursing program also requires a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.7 in the nine pre nursing courses, must have good academic standing with the university (A grade of C or better must be, or have been, earned in each of the nine pre-nursing courses), and pass the TEAS test with a proficient level or higher.
- Students must submit to a criminal background check and have a clear record in order to visit clinical sites. The cost is $64.50. Please follow these directions to get your fingerprinting/background check completed to turn in results with your application.
- Please access www.identogo.com. Select the ‘MICHIGAN’ icon. Select ‘online scheduling’. Fill in your payment and personal information.
- Agency Requestor ID number: 63354H
- Use the following ‘reason for testing’: CPE-NCPA-Child Protection employment (PL 103-209)
- Bring your proof of registration with registration ID along with a government issued picture ID to your appointment.
- The results are emailed to the School of Nursing. Please check to make sure we have received your results when you turn in your application.
- Students will make an appointment with their academic advisor to verify eligibility for clinical placement and to complete application forms.
- Students will bring to their appointment with their academic advisor:
- Completed Declaration of Intent
- An unofficial copy of LSSU transcript
- Unofficial copies of all other transcripts from other universities or colleges
- Completed Consent for Fingerprinting
- Completed Clinical Student Disclosure Statement
- Completed Assured Access to Computer Agreement
- Completed TEAS Testing Disclosure
- Current Immunization record
- Completed Self-Evaluation
- Valid CPR Certification Card (copy) American Heart Assoc– Health Care Provider