School of Nursing
Application for Admission:
Practical Nursing Program (PN)
- Second Tuesday of April every year. This time may vary. Please call the School of Nursing office at 906.635.2288 for more information.
- Application period is currently closed. Please check back for a downloadable application starting March 2014.
Directions for Students
- Students who are interested in enrolling the Practical Nursing Program at LSSU will need to complete this application packet and return it to the School of Nursing no later than May 1, 2014.
- Students must submit to a criminal background check and have a clear record in order to visit clinical sites. The cost is $59. Please follow these directions to get your fingerprinting completed to turn in results with your application.
Please access www.identogo.com. Select the ‘MICHIGAN’ icon. Select “online scheduling”
Agency ID: 63354H
Fingerprint Reason: CPE-NCPA-Child Protection employment (PL 103-209).
Follow prompts and fill in your personal information.
Bring your proof of registration with registration ID and a government issued picture ID to your appointment at:
Senopra, 2345 Meridian Ave Suite 108, Sault Ste Marie, MI Contact Person: JT Bird
* Hours available for fingerprint scheduling are: Tuesdays, 12pm-7pm and Thursdays from 9am-5pm
**Please note that you cannot pay with a personal check. Payment must be made online or with cash/money order at time of appointment.
- Students will make an appointment with their nursing academic advisor to verify eligibility for clinical placement and to review application forms with student.
- Students will bring to their appointment with their nursing academic advisor:
- Completed Declaration of Intent
- An unofficial copy of LSSU transcript, unofficial copies of any other transcripts, and any other relevant academic information (the School of Nursing will NOT request these documents from others)
- Completed Clinical Student Disclosure Statement
- Completed Assured Access to Computer Agreement
- Current Immunization record
- Completed Self-Evaluation
- Students will review the application with the faculty member. Students will be responsible for providing any needed additional documentation. The student will submit the completed application and documents to the nursing office, Crawford Hall 236-F.
- Due to the competitive nature of the admission to the PN program, please be aware that meeting minimal requirements does not ensure admittance to the program.
- If there are any documents missing, the application will be considered void.
Gainful Employment Disclosure