Application for Admission
Practical Nursing Program (PN) - The Practical Nursing Program will not be offered for the Fall of 2017. Please contact the School of Nursing with any questions.
Directions to Students:
- Students who are interested in enrolling in the Practical Nursing Program at LSSU will need to (1) Apply and be accepted to LSSU and (2) complete and turn in the Practical Nursing application to the School of Nursing's office in Crawford Hall, Room 236F.
- Students must submit to a criminal background check and have a clear record in order to visit clinical sites. The cost is $64.50. Please follow the directions below to register for fingerprinting. Results will be electronically sent to LSSU School of Nursing.
- Access www.identigo.com. Select the "MICHIGAN" icon. Select "online scheduling"
- Agency ID: 63354H
- Fingerprint reason: CPE-NCPA-Child Protection Employment (PL 103-209)
- Follow prompts and fill in your personal information
- Bring proof of registration with registration ID and a government-issued picture ID to your appointment. You may obtain fingerprint scanning at any of the sites listed at the Identigo website.
- Students will make an appointment with their nursing academic advisor to verify eligibility for clinical placement and to review application forms.
- Students will bring to their advising appointment the following documents:
- Declaration of Intent-completed
- Unofficial LSSU transcript, unofficial transcripts from other colleges/univesities. It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain these documents.
- Clinical Student Disclosure Statement-completed
- Assured Access to Computer agreement-completed
- Current Immunization Record
- Students will review the application with a faculty member. Students will be responsible for providing any needed additional documentation. Due to the competitive nature of admission to the PN program, please be award that meeting minimal requirements does NOT ensure admittance to the program.
- If there are required documents missing, the application may be considered void.