Parents at Lake State
Preparing for Move Out
If your student lives on campus, chances are he has a good deal of stuff crammed into his residence hall space. And he’ll need to move that stuff at the end of the semester. Discuss a few things now to help this process go smoothly:
- Is storage available on campus for larger items such as rugs and fridges?
- If not, is there storage in town that might be a viable option?
- If your student is moving off campus, when will her new apartment/house become available? Can she store items there even if she’s not living there this summer?
- Is there a quick turnaround between when your student moves out and when he needs to be to his summer job/internship/etc.? How will you handle this?
- If your student is staying on campus this summer to work and/or take classes, will she need to move to another building or can she stay where she is?
- What vehicle will fit your student’s belongings effectively?
- Who can help your student move?
While it may seem early to discuss these details, starting the conversation now can go a long, long way in preventing end-of-the-year hassles and stress. Best of luck!