||Public Relations Office -
Request for Photographs
|Date of Present Issue:||
||Date of Previous Issues:
The purposes of the University photographer and photographs are:
- To publicize Lake Superior State University on a regional, state, and national
- To organize and develop an archive of photographs and preserve the history
of the University in still photographs.
- To assist University departments and organizations in the preparation of
photographs for official University promotional use and publications.
- Requests for photographs must be made in writing to the Department of Public
Relations, two weeks in advance of the individual, group, or event to be
- Late requests will be accepted and considered on a time available basis.
- In the event of a schedule conflict, the director of Public Relations or
his/her immediate supervisor shall make the final determination of the assignment
of the photographer/writer.
- All Public Relations photographs must be identified and published crediting
both the University and the photographer.
- Public Relations photographs may not be reprinted or used in any manner
internally or externally without written authorization by the director of
Public Relations or the photographer.
- University departments and organizations requesting photographs will be
billed for all supplies used in the development of photos on campus and any
fees for the development of color slides and prints off campus, plus the
- Public Relations cannot usually take photographs for personal use; however,
passport or visa photos may be obtained, as well as other requests on a case-by-case
- Reprints of existing photographs may be purchased from the Department of
Public Relations according to a published scale of fees.
- The director of Public Relations in consultation with his/her supervisor
and the photographer will be the final decision maker on the selection of
photographs for University use.
- The Department of Public Relations will not ordinarily process or print
film other than that taken by the staff photographer or his/her designee.
A list of commercial laboratories for processing will be provided.