||Academic Departments: Tenured Deans Returning to the Faculty and Administrators
Hired in a Faculty Position
||Date of Present Issue:
||Date of Previous Issues:
11/91, 02/94, 05/95, 07/01, 01/03
- Tenured Deans Returning to Faculty
This procedure establishes the salary calculation and opportunities for administrators, who were formerly tenured faculty at LSSU, that return to the faculty.
Administrators with tenure as faculty at LSSU may return to the faculty in a position for which they are qualified. Individuals moving into these positions shall maintain their rank while their seniority status shall be defined by the faculty collective bargaining agreement.
Compensation upon return to the faculty shall be as follows:
- The salary shall be calculated as if he or she had remained a member of the faculty bargaining unit.
- The calculated amount will be increased by one of the following.
- $2,000; if the individual has held an administrative position for more than three years. Service time is determined by the date of administrative appointment to the date of removal or resignation as an administrator.
- $4,000; if the individual has held an administrative position for more than five years. Service time is determined by the date of administrative appointment to the date of removal or resignation as an administrator.
The new rate becomes effective for the academic year in which he or she assumes a faculty position.
- University Administrators Hired into the Faculty
Administrators without tenure can only gain faculty appointment through the LSSU search process.
For administrators hired with rank and without tenure, their salary shall be based on the average salary of all tenured faculty members, within their discipline, holding the same rank as the administrator.
For administrators hired without rank or tenure, the faculty salary shall be at the discretion of the University.
||Revision Made By
||Revised Section 1. In Section II, added within their discipline.