||Library/Audio/Visual- Library Computer Use Policy
||Date of Present Issue:||
||Date of Previous Issues:
Library Computer Use Policy
Violation of these guidelines may result in loss of computer access and further
disciplinary action, including suspension and possible legal action. Users
may be held responsible for any damages or expenses resulting from any use
of Library computer resources in violation of this Library Computer Use Policy.
- The computers are for use by anyone at no charge. Children under the age
of 13 must be accompanied by an ADULT AT THE COMPUTER. Written permission
to utilize the computers without an adult can be obtained from the library.
- All users are expected to know and abide by LSSU's Information Technology
Policy, copy of which is placed next to all library computers.
- Library work by LSSU students takes precedence over all other uses of the
computers such as e-mail. If a user is engaged in non-academic activity,
the individual may be asked to give up the use of the computer to another
- Users are not to engage in any game playing or CHAT (IRC). Also, users
are not to engage in activities that might reasonably be considered offensive
or abusive to others in the library (e. g. visiting a pornography web site).
- It is unlawful and users are expressly FORBIDDEN to copy library-owned
commercial or copyrighted software. Users attempting to circumvent this legality
will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Under no circumstances should a user attempt to bypass the desktop configuration
- Only currently enrolled students, who have paid the information technology
fee, will be provided free computer printed pages. Students must present
a current ID to pick up free pages. All others will be charged 10 cents
Other university policies and procedures may apply or take precedence in relation
to the computers used in the library.