||Business and Support Operations
||Date of Present Issue:||
||Date of Previous Issues:
10/85, 03/79, 04/88
Mail authorizations will be processed to charge back departments for postage
expenses. A mail services guide is available in each departmental office for
complete mailing instructions.
Department representatives will complete Mail Authorization Form LSSU 230
for all outgoing campus mail. (See attachment) The form must be attached to
outgoing mail and forwarded to the Mail Center.
The Mail Center staff will process mail and enter the account information
into the accounting system provided with the mailing equipment. At month end,
a print out of charges by department will be used to create an interdepartmental
journal voucher. This voucher will be forwarded to Business Operations to be
entered into the accounting system.
- Time: To ensure mail is processed on a specific date, it must be delivered
to the Mail Center by 1:00 p.m.
- Large Mailings - 100 or more items, should arrive by 12:00
noon. Bulk mailing arrangements are to be made in advance (See Mail
Services Guide for information & preparation instructions.)
- Exception - If for any reason the above time requirement cannot
be met, call the Mail Center and arrangements will be made to process
the mailing late on the same day, if possible.
- Classification: All mail falls into one of three classifications and should
be sorted accordingly.
- On-campus Mail - On-campus mail should state the person and
department to which it is to be delivered.
- Pre-stamped Mail - This includes all mail that already has
the necessary postage affixed.
- Outgoing Mail - This includes all UNIVERSITY mail that requires
postage. All mail will be processed daily.
All outgoing mail should be sorted in the following categories and
separated by rubberband (or some other equivalent).
- A Mail Authorization Form must be attached to all outgoing
mail. This form should include:
- Account Name
- Mailing instructions - choices can be located in the
Mail Services Guide
- Sorting procedure:
- Sault, Ontario
- Other foreign
- List mail requiring special services separately (i.e. Express,
priority, certified return receipt, etc.)
- All in-state mail should be sorted and separated according
to the five-digit zip code.