||Business and Support Operations
||Supplies and Purchases: Campus Shoppe
||Date of Present Issue:||
||Date of Previous Issues:
07/71, 01/72, 01/79
Textbooks may be returned if you drop or change a course under the following conditions:
- Bring your books with receipt to the service desk located in the front of the store.
- Present a cash register receipt and valid ID card to the return cashier.
- A refund for books will be made until the cutoff dates posted in the Campus Shoppe.
- New books must be in absolutely new condition, free of all markings. Shrink-wrapped must be intact on wrapped packages.
- After the Refund Period, texts will be purchased at fair market value during scheduled book buyback opportunities.
General reading (non-required for a class), magazines, special order books, books with diskettes, software and diskettes sold individually are not refundable or exchangeable.
Defective books will be replaced without charge. Please present your cash register receipt.
General merchandise is refundable and exchangeable within two weeks from date of purchase. Merchandise is accepted only if it is in its original condition and packaging and accompanied by a cash register receipt. No refunds allowed on merchandise covered by State or Federal Health Laws.
The Campus Shoppe makes every effort to assure you of the highest possible payment for your used books. Timing is important when deciding to sell a book. Although there are various dates and times that the Campus Shoppe buys used books, you are most likely to get top value for your books if you sell at the buy-back held during the week of final exams. Please bear in mind that the payment for your used books is governed by information available from the professors, price quoted by the wholesalers, the general condition of the book and whether or not the book will be used on campus the next semester.
In general, if your book is in good condition, you can expect:
- 50% of the list price for current edition textbooks that will remain in use during the following semester, and are needed by the store.
- Up to 33% of the list price for current edition textbooks that will be discontinued the next semester. The Campus Shoppe will represent the wholesaler and buy your books for them.
You do not need your sales receipt to sell your used books. DO NOT CARRY BOOKS INTO THE STORE.