||Payroll: Termination - Non-Student
||Date of Present Issue:||
||Date of Previous Issues:
03/87, 05/85, 01/88
When an employee is to be removed from the payroll, it is the responsibility
of the department head to complete and forward the Payroll Termination Form
LSSU 232A (Attachment #1), as soon as the termination date is established.
||1. Completes Payroll termination form, gives reason for termination and
explains in detail under REMARKS.
2. Discusses with the employee, if possible, the content of the termination
form and asks employee to sign it.
3. Submits termination form to the concurring authority.
- Termination of administrative personnel reporting directly to the
president must have the concurrence of the president.
- Termination of all academic personnel must have the concurrence
of the executive vice president and provost.
- Termination of all other personnel must have the concurrence of
the appropriate vice president.
||4. Reviews the termination form, signs and forwards to the president.
||5. President reviews all terminations, and approves or disapproves.
|Human Resources Office
- Files original in the employee's personnel file; distributes copies
as indicated on the form.
- Notifies the Payroll Office of final paycheck distribution.
- Checks key issuance records in the Security Office; checks credit
card records, and other financial obligations due the University.
- Arranges exit interview for terminated employee. (See 4.7.3)
- Prepares Employee Termination Payroll Information Form LSSU 327
(Attachment #2). Forwards white copy to Payroll, files yellow copy
in employee file.
||7. Computes employee's final payment for hours worked and applicable
accrued vacation and sick leave. Has computation reviewed by supervisor;
enters information into payroll program. (See 3.19.10)
8. Employees who are terminated from employment, or who resign or
retire, will be paid any remuneration due for time worked, within two
weeks of their termination date, at the rate for which they were authorized
to be paid on their date of termination. This rate will also apply
to accrued vacation and sick leave pay-off, if applicable. Retroactive
pay rates awarded to other employees after an employee's termination
date will not be applicable to the terminated employee.
|Human Resources Office
||9. For regular employees, conducts exit interview, completes and explains
Exit Interview Form, LSSU 248-780 (Attachment #3), to terminating employee.
||10. Turns in keys to Security Office; turns in I.D. card and credit cards,
and obtains final paycheck and insurance termination dates at the Human
Resources Office. Signs payroll termination and exit interview forms.