||Other Working Conditions: Tuberculosis Testing for New Employees
||Date of Present Issue:||
||Date of Previous Issues:
07/71, 11/81, 03/87
Prior to employment all regular, full-time health care practitioners and food
service employees of the University are required to present evidence of freedom
from communicable tuberculosis.
- New employees may take the TB skin test prior to employment:
- at the Chippewa County Health Department, by appointment only, free
of charge, or
- at the Health CARE Center, by appointment only, free of charge.
- Employees with positive reaction to the skin test will be x-rayed at no
cost to the employee. Arrangements will be made by the Health CARE Center
and the Human Resources Office.
- If the x-ray examination shows positive results, the Chippewa County Health
Department, or in consultation with the employee's personal physician, will
make arrangements for further laboratory testing. All positive cases are
closely monitored by the Health Department.
- The TUBERCULIN TEST REPORT card issued by the Chippewa County Health Department,
x-ray or laboratory test result reports are held in the employee's personnel
file for inspection by authorized representatives of the Michigan Department
of Public Health.