Chemistry is the central science, and the study of chemical behavior is fundamental to many applications in the other scientific disciplines. As a result, a degree in chemistry can lead to wide variety of exiting careers in drug development, forensic science, material sciences, pharmacy and medicine, toxicology, and more!
The quality of a LSSU education is demonstrated by the top flight graduate and professional schools our graduates attend, such as: MIT, U.C. Berkeley, Syracuse, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Johns Hopkins, UNLV, Texas A&M, Quinnipiac, Minnesota, Ohio State, Toronto, Oregon, etc.
Why Students Choose Chemistry at LSSU
- The program is approved by the American Chemical Society
- 62% of graduates attend graduate school directly following graduation with full funding
- 100% placement rate for graduates entering the workforce
- Chemistry and Environmental Students are eligible to live in Huron Hall, a living learning community
A degree in the chemical sciences continues to be a good educational investment, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics reporting a median salary for chemists of $69,700 per year. A recent study of new college graduates showed that chemistry majors have among the best employment prospects, and some of the best starting salaries within the scientific disciplines.
- Analytical Chemist
- Inorganic Chemist
- Synthetic Organic Chemist
- Physical Chemist
- Pharmacy & Medicine