Duncan MacLaren Family Fund for the Performance Arts
The Duncan MacLaren Family Fund for the Performing Arts was established in 1990 by Duncan and Lillian MacLaren of Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan in honor of family members who had passed away. The fund is designated to support University programming in the area of the Performing Arts.
The following are general guidelines used in considering applications:
- Programming events that utilize these funds must occur on the University campus.
- All applications must be submitted with the support of the College of Arts, Letters and Social Sciences. Written letters of support from all supporting or co-sponsoring departments or programs of the College must be submitted with the applications. Multiple sponsorships are encouraged.
- Student organizations may submit applications for funding. The application must be supported by one or more departments of the College of Arts, Letters, & Social Sciences and approved by the faculty or staff sponsor of the student group.
- All applications must include an itemized budget. Accepted applicants are required to submit a final report by the end of the academic year in which the event occurs. This final report must include how the fund were spent and the total program budget for the event.
- Recipients who do not submit final reports will not be considered for future grants until final reports are received by the Committee.
- Recipients must provide a public relation/advertising plan, including ways to reach K-12 schools and the general public.
- All advertising publications must be submitted to the LSSU Foundation for stewardship purposes.