Issues & Intellect Fund
The Issues and Intellect Fund enables LSSU to enhance its academic environment by bringing in authorities who can offer broad perspectives in matters related to the world of ideas, society and culture and enrich areas within the LSSU curricula. Faculty and students are provided an opportunity to engage the presenters formally and informally in dialogue about areas of expertise not readily accessible on the campus of Lake Superior State University. In addition, the presentations provide an opportunity to involve the local community and K-12 schools.
Applications are accepted twice per year. Those dates are October 1st, for the following spring and summer semesters; and March 1st, for the following summer and fall semesters. The Following are general guidelines used in considering applications:
- All applications must be submitted on behalf of or with the support of one or more departments or programs at the University. Written letters of support from all supporting or co-sponsoring departments or programs must be submitted with the applications. The Committee encourages multiple sponsorships.
- All promotional materials and advertising must include recognition for the Issues and Intellect Funding.
- Issues and Intellect Funds can only be used for honorariums, fees, travel, lodging, and meals directly related to the speaker(s).
- All applications must include an itemized budget and application form.
- Funded projects are required to submit a final report by the end of the academic year in which the event occurs. This final report must include how the Issues and Intellect Funds were spent and the total program budget for the event. Recipients who do not submit final reports will not be considered for future grants until final reports are received by the Committee.
- Copies of all promotional materials should be submitted to the Foundation Office for stewardship purposes.