LSSU Purchasing Card (P-Card) Program
Purchasing Card (P-Card) Program (pdf)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is my single and monthly transaction limit?
- Unless approved by the Purchasing Manager and your Budget Manager, the single limit transaction is $1,000 and the monthly credit limit is $5,000.
What items are not allowed for purchase with my p-card?
- Alcoholic beverages
- Automotive service and repairs
- Cash Advances
- Computers and peripherals
- Controlled substances
- Copying Services
- Cylinder gases
- Federal Grant purchases
- Hazardous Materials
- Maintenance contracts
- Personal purchases
- Photocopiers and supplies
- Printing Services
- Projects that include logo, artwork, and imagery
- Purchases involving trade of University property
- Radioactive Materials
- Telephones and telephone-related expenses
Can I use my p-card for University-sponsored travel?
- P-cards may be used for University-sponsored travel, as authorized by your budget manager. Your p-card will work for hotel, meals, and fuel. If driving a university vehicle, please use the Wright Express card assigned to the vehicle).
- Cardholders are expected to adhere to the policies and procedures for University travel, as outlined in the University Procedures Manual, 3.22.2.
- Cardholders using the p-card for travel must document travel purpose (who, what, where and why) on the expense report and submit original receipts with the reconciled expense report.
Is it possible to increase my limits and/or open the card for transactions listed in the “unauthorized purchases” section?
- Yes, depending on the situation. Contact the Purchasing Manager to discuss your specific request.
When is my reconciled monthly expense report due?
- Cardholders will receive a monthly statement from Fifth Third bank at the beginning of each month. The Cardholder and Budget Manager shall review and approve the statements within 5 working days of receipt of the statement. Upon approval, statements and receipts are to be sent to the Purchasing Department for audit. Statements and receipts are due in the Purchasing Department no later than the 15th of each month. Failure to comply with this deadline is considered a violation.
Purchasing Card Forms