Ariel Kelly, a Park and Recreation graduate who is a park ranger at Yosemite National Park, was interviewed as part of a program feature that highlights beautiful places in America.
Video at ABC.com
The Assessment Committee is one of the Strategic Committees of the University, charged with assessment oversight, promotion and support for both academic and instutional support operations. Academic assessment is an on-going, open, evaluative process focused on improving student learning. It requires the University to make its learning expectations clear to students and to establish appropriate learning outcomes at the course and program levels. It helps determine how well student performance matches the expected outcomes. The resulting information is used to inform changes in courses and programs for the improvement of student learning.
Tracdat is our centralized assessment database, designated to archive assessment findings and provide reporting tools for instituitonal analysis and action. http://lssu.tracdat.com
Assessment Committee Activities
University Assessment Plan
- Targeted Assessment Projects (TAP) website - an assessment mini-grant program.
- TAP Application in Word format.
- 2012 - Three Targeted Assessment Project mini-grants were funded for 2012, with the specific aims of enhancing and supporting school assessment activities. Each project director will make a presentation on their project success during spring semester 2013.
- 2013 - Two activities were funded, presentations will be scheduled during the spring 2014.
- Assessment Examinations for Physical Sciences (American Chemical Society Examinations), Werner, $1000. Proposal, and Final Report
- Psychology Assessment (California Critical Thinking Dispositions Inventory), Searight, $442. Proposal and Final Report
- 2014 - Four projects were funded, presentations will be scheduled during the spring 2015.
- Environmental Science - $1000 to pilot a major field test for seniors. Proposal - Final Report
- Education - $250 for a faculty assessment retreat. Proposal - Final Report
- Psychology - $411.50 Impact of Service Learning. Proposal - Final Report
- 2015 - Funding was available but no projects were selected
- 2016 - Applications due the 4th Friday in November
Assessment of Student Learning
Questions, contact the Assessment Committee chair: Dr. Evan Schemm (email@example.com)
or Dr. David Myton, Assoc. Provost firstname.lastname@example.org