HOBET® - Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test
- Time limit: 209 minutes (Reading = 58 minutes; Mathematics = 51 minutes; Science = 66 minutes; English = 34 minutes)
- Number of sections: 4
- Number of questions: 170
- Format: Four-option multiple-choice
- Purpose: The Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test (HOBET®) measures basic essential skills in the academic content area domains of reading, mathematics, science and English and language usage. The test is intended for use with adult allied health program applicant populations.
- Objectives- Summary (pdf)
|Content and Subcontent Areas||Number of
|Paragraph and Passage Comprehension||19||13%|
|Informational Source Comprehension||23||15%|
|Numbers and Operations||19||13%|
|Human Body Science||11||7%|
|Earth and Physical Science||14||9%|
|English and Language Usage||30||20%|
|Grammar and Word Meanings in Context||15||10%|
|Spelling and Punctuation||9||6%|
*There are an additional 20 unscored pretest items
Spring 2015 HOBET testing will take place on the dates listed below:
- Friday, January 30, 12 noon
- Thursday, February 26, 8:30am
- Friday, March 20, 12 noon
The fee is $55. You may pay by cash or personal check made payable to LSSU. You may pay in advance to the Director of Testing Services or pay the day of testing. Please select your testing date and contact Carol Boger at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 906 635-2452 to make your testing appointment.
Before you come to test, you will need to create a username and password on the www.atialliedhealth.com website.