Testing Services Department
Proctoring Distance Exams
A number of Online Learning classes require that students take their tests in a secure, proctored environment. For those living near Lake Superior State University, proctoring services are available and require a minimum two business day notice. The $15.00 per hour proctor fee is payable by cash or check, at the end of the testing session.
For students living away from Lake Superior State University and depending upon the professor and class, proctoring services for distance learning is available via the Consortium of College Testing Centers (CCTC), a free referral service provide by the National College Testing Association (NCTA). There are approximately 239 participants within the US in 45 states. The ten (10) locations and institutions within Michigan are the following:
- Big Rapids - Ferris State University
- Dearborn - Henry Ford Community College
- Dowagiac - Southwestern Michigan College
- East Lansing - Michigan State University
- Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Community College
- Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- Mount Pleasant - Central Michigan University
- Sault Ste. Marie - Lake Superior State University
- Troy - Walsh College
- Warren - Macomb Community College
Hours of operations, services, costs, and locations outside of the state can be found using the following URL. http://www.ncta-testing.org/cctc/. Should you need more help in setting up a proctored exam, please contact Carol Boger at (906) 635-2452 and leave a message or e-mail her at email@example.com .