Lake State's Administration Building was built in 1920 to be used as the fort
post office and to house quartermaster soldiers.
In 1946 it was remodeled from barracks to offices. During the renovations
offices were built and the mail room was modernized. Today the Administration
Building hosts the Offices of the President, Provost, Employee Relations, Central
Switchboard, Campus Security and the main mail room for campus.