South Hall was built in 1903 to house Fort Brady's infantry soldiers. The infantry barracks were composed of twin buildings, one of which burned down in the early 1960s. Instead of rebuilding that section of the building a decision was made to build Crawford Hall, a new facility that would be adequate for scientific research. During the fire, the fort cafeteria, the structure connecting South Hall to its twin, was also destroyed
South Hall, now renamed R.W. Considine Hall, is currently under construction and will house the Lukenda School of Business once finished.