Test Registration Policies
The policies listed below apply to students who are registered with Accessibility Services and receive testing accommodations. Failure to comply with the Registration Policies may mean that you will not be able to take your test using your testing accommodations in our center. Failure to comply with the Test Center Policies during your test may result in academic disciplinary action being taken against you.
To take an accommodated test in Testing Services you must:
- Be registered with Accessibility Services. For information on registration or any of your accommodations, contact Accessibility Services at 906-635-2355.
- Have a completed Accommodation Letter on file in Accessibility Services. Letters are emailed from Accessibility Services office the first week of class. A new letter is provided each semester to give to your instructors. Contact Accessibility Services at 906-635-2355 with any questions.
- Register to take your exam by the exam registration deadline. This deadline is three business days prior to the day of your test for tests taken during the semester.
- Register for your test online with the appointment request form, email , call 906-635-2027, or stop by LIBR 234. These are the only acceptable ways to register for a test. If you need assistance or have issues scheduling for an exam, please contact our office immediately.
- Take your exam at the same time that the rest of the class is taking it. There are two exceptions to this policy:
1. If you have a time extension accommodation that would cause your test to run over into another class period, then you need to make arrangements with your instructor to begin your test earlier or take it at another time. You must make these arrangements prior to registering for the test, and your instructor has the right to choose when the alternate time will be. Your instructor may ask you for a copy of your class schedule to confirm this request.
2. If your exam falls outside of our testing hours, you must make arrangements with your instructor to take the exam during our testing hours. Hours available for accommodated testing can be found on the Testing Services home page. Again, you must make these arrangements prior to registering for your test and your instructor may choose the time you will take the exam.
Do not schedule your test for an alternate time, no matter the reason, without first speaking with your instructor. Unless you need an alternate time for the reasons listed above, your instructor has the right to refuse to allow you to test during the time you have requested. If an instructor notifies Testing Services that they did not approve an alternate test time, Testing Services will not administer your test until the professor contacts the office directly to approve it. Remember, you can also arrange to test with your instructor and have your instructor provide you with accommodations.
Test Center Policies
The following policies are in place to ensure the academic integrity of university exams. Because Testing Services administers exams on behalf of LSSU faculty, we require that all students adhere to uniform rules and regulations so that Testing Services staff can easily assess whether or not a breach of the LSSU Student Code of Conduct has occurred. If an instructor contacts us with a concern of cheating or dishonesty of any kind, these procedures allow us to protect both the students in our test center, as well as the academic integrity of the exam.
On the day of your scheduled test you must:
- Begin your test on time. If you arrive later than 15 minutes after your scheduled test time, you will be documented as a no show, even if you arrive and you may have to reschedule your appointment. If you receive more than three “no shows” in one semester, you will have to meet with the Testing Services Coordinator regarding your attendance.
- Present current photo identification to Testing Services staff. A LSSU ID, driver’s license, state ID, Passport or other issued identification card with your name and photo on it is acceptable
- Rooms are for testing only. You may not study, do homework, etc. in any of the testing rooms, there are plenty of areas in the library that serve this purpose.
- ONLY bring into the test rooms pens, pencils, and any items for the exam that your instructor indicates are necessary for the exam on the exam cover sheet. No exceptions to this will be made. Food is not allowed in the test rooms, regardless of whether your professor allows it in class. Beverages are allowed on a case by case basis. Hats, coats, gloves and scarves may not be worn in the testing room. You may be asked to remove other bulky clothing or show the test center staff that there is nothing in your pockets, in sleeves, hoods, etc.
- Be aware of break policies. You may not be permitted to leave the testing area during your exam. Consider using the restroom before your testing appointment. You will not be permitted to make up time missed. If your instructor indicates that you are not permitted to leave the testing room during your exam, we will enforce that policy.
- Stop taking your exam and turn it in when your time is up. Testing Services will inform you of your end time at the beginning of your test appointment, and you can ask the test proctor to confirm your end time at any time while testing. All test rooms have clocks for you to monitor your time. It is your responsibility to stop your test when time is up.
Any and all breaches of these policies will be formally reported to your instructor by Testing Services staff.