Welcome to 2014! Contact us for your sample analysis needs!
- Toledo water crisis passes but longterm threat looms
- Water crisis grips hundreds of thousands in Toledo area
- State of emergency declared for NW Ohio counties over water contamination
- Toledo Water Crisis: A timeline of what's happened so far
- Toledo-area water advisory expected to continue through Sunday as leaders await tests; water stations to remain open
- Toledo water test results are improving but region still has a long way, mayor says
- Awesome new spectrometer in chemistry gets test drive
- AQ1 Strengthens Research Lab at Lake Superior State Uni (USA)
- Lake Superior State University Acquires SEAL AQ1 Discrete Analyzer for Water Quality Sample Analysis
- AQ1 Strengthens Research Lab - Seal Analytical
- State House education appropriator eyes LSSU tech research facilities
- LSSU water research lab has new equipment, new possibilities
- New tool beefs up LSSU Environmental Research lab
- New tool beefs up Environmental Research Lab
Description of Services
The Environmental Analysis Laboratory (EAL) at Lake Superior State University provides analysis services to state, federal, and local environmental monitoring programs emphasizing education, research, and community service. We follow US Environmental Protection Agency and MI Department of Environmental Quality approved analytical protocols on all analyses allowing data from the Environmental Analysis Laboratory to be included in appropriate state databases.
In all our work, we adhere to quality control procedures designed to produce analytical results of known, documented, and high quality. Our current activities include:
Traditional wet chemical analysis techniques
Classical and state-of-the-art instrumental analysis methods
Field measurements taken using both portable and continuously monitoring equipment.
The EAL provides students, staff, and faculty with the opportunity to collaborate with external agencies in research projects involving relevant environmental problems. We also provide the community with technical assistance for water quality analysis and monitoring, establishing a link between graduating seniors and potential employers.
The mission of LSSU Environmental Analysis Laboratory (EAL) is to provide professional analytical and research services, while engaging students in modern analytical techniques. The EAL is designed to help students prepare themselves for careers as scientists, technicians, and other professionals by creating an environment where students work with highly trained staff to engage in research, design experiments, and perform sample analysis.
To ensure that this is accomplished the EAL:
- Provides students with hands-on laboratory experiences.
- Promotes a close student / faculty interaction.
- Provides students with practical paid internship experiences.