Install a Scholar Bookmarklet
What is a Bookmarklet: A bookmarklet is an applet, a small computer application, stored as the URL of a bookmark in a web browser or as a hyperlink on a web page.
Whether bookmarklet utilities are stored as bookmarks or hyperlinks, they are designed to add one-click functionality to a browser or web page.
Bookmarklets are saved and used as normal bookmarks. As such, they are simple "one-click" tools which add functionality to the browser. For example, they can:
- Modify the appearance of a web page within the browser (e.g., change font size, background color, etc.).
- Extract data from a web page (e.g., hyperlinks, images, text, etc.).
- Query a search engine, with search term(s) provided by previously selected text, or by a dialog box.
- Submit the current page to a link validation service, or translation service.
- Set commonly chosen configuration options when the page itself provides no way to do this.
Directions for installing a Bookmarklet
Follow the instructions displayed
Depending on your browser your Bookmark Toolbar might look different
To add a bookmark in "My Bookmarks" and "All Bookmarks" stream
To add a bookmark to a specific course stream (what is a course stream)
Go to the site that you want to bookmark
Select the course from the Course Tags
Notice that the Java site that was bookmarked in the course: BB8 Test Course is not available in the ACTG232 course shown below: