The purpose of Club Sports at Lake Superior State University is to provide members of the campus community with an opportunity to participate in sports and activities that promote socialization, physical activity, and lifetime fitness and wellness practices.
- Club Sports currently has over 150 participants.
- Since the beginning of the organization, over the past 2 years our sports have been expanding along with increased involvement and participation.
- Future expansion of sports include baseball, bowling, swim and volleyball.
Cost: This is a pay-to-play organization. Financial obligations vary depending upon the sport.
Benefits: Engaging in high level competition and having the opportunity to compete in various state, regional, national and international contests and tournaments against clubs from various other colleges and universities.
Club Sports has formally introduced 7 new competitive clubs:
- Men’s Hockey
- Women’s Hockey
- Men’s Soccer
- Women’s Soccer
*Club Sports also includes: Kuk Sool Won, Zombie Nerf Gun Wars, Yoga, Shooting Sports/Ballistic Studies Club
Who Can Join?
Club sports are open to all current Lake Superior State University students. Participation in club sports is completely voluntary.
- All clubs must maintain a minimum number of members according to their individual sport specifications.
- A club may not restrict membership on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, or ability.
How to Register
Fill out the Club Sports Application and either submit via email or turn it in to the Club Sports Coordinator, Lori Shimasaki (firstname.lastname@example.org). Upon review and approval, you will be on your way to starting up your club sport here at LSSU!
All clubs must abide by the rules, policies and guidelines set forth by the Club Sports Coordinator and the Office of Campus Life as well as any rules, policies and guidelines set by the Office of Purchasing and Risk Management that are designed to govern student organizations.
Contact Lori Shimasaki, Club Sports Coordinator at email@example.com.