Criminal Justice-Law Enforcement
The associate degree in law enforcement will prepare you for work in local law enforcement agencies provided you attend a police academy after graduation. This associate degree is also compatible with the bachelor of science degree in criminal justice/law enforcement. Graduates may also find positions with private security agencies.
Major Requirements (16 credits)
- CJUS101 Intro. to Criminal Justice 3
- CJUS102 Police Process 3
- CJUS201 Firearms Training 1
- CJUS206 Law Enforcement/Loss Control Internship 3
- CJUS212 Loss Control 3
- CJUS243 Investigation 3
Support Courses (17 credits)
- POLI110 Introduction to American Government and Politics 4
- POLI120 Introduction to Legal Process 3
- SOCY103 Cultural Diversity 3
- SOCY214 Criminology 3
- PSYC101 Introduction to Psychology 4
Electives (17 credits)
General Education: All LSSU Associate’s degree candidates must complete the LSSU general education core requirements, or have earned the MACRAO Stamp (Michigan Community College transfer students), or have completed the general education certification (Sault College transfer students).
A minimum of 62 credits (at the 100 level or higher) must be earned for graduation with a cumulative gpa of 2.00 or higher. A gpa of 2.00 or higher is also required in your Major, as well as in your General Education Core Requirements.