Certificate: Paramedic Training
This program provides advanced life support skills to assess and treat the sick and injured. It will allow graduates to qualify to write the state licensing examination for paramedic and possess advanced life support skills to assess and treat the sick and injured.
Admission requirements are:
- 18 years of age by September of year entering program.
- evidence of high school diploma or equivalent.
- evidence of valid, current Michigan driver’s license.
- evidence of valid, current Michigan EMT-basic certification or National Registry EMT certification.
- evidence of current CPR or CPR instructor certification.
- evidence of completion of ENGL110 First-Year Composition I, three credits.
- EMED211 Emergency Pharmacology I 2
- EMED212 Emergency Pharmacology II 2
- EMED251 Advanced Emergency Care I 4
- EMED252 Advanced Emergency Care II 4
- EMED261 Advanced Cardiology I 2
- EMED262 Advanced Cardiology II 2
- EMED271 Prehospital Emergency Pediatrics 2
- EMED284 Advanced Skills and Situations I 3
- EMED285 Advanced Skills and Situations II 3
- EMED286 Paramedic Operations 2
- EMED297 Paramedic Clinical I 2
- EMED298 Paramedic Clinical II 2
- EMED299 Paramedic Field Internship 4
- EMED301 National Registry Certification Prep 2
- BIOL105 Functions of the Human Body 4
A minimum of 40 credits (at the 100 level or higher) must be earned for graduation with a cumulative gpa of 2.00 or higher.