Degree Audit Sheets
Early Childhood Education
The Michigan Department of Education is moving to a new teacher certification structure based on grade bands. LSSU offers two options in the birth-kindergarten grade band. The degree audit below is the path to teacher certification to teach kindergarten as well as children in early childhood educational settings prior to attending kindergarten.
If someone does not want to pursue certification to teach kindergarten, but only wants to teach pre-kindergarten students, the above degree audit can be done without TEAC 480 and TEAC 492, which are the kindergarten student teaching courses in the degree that are needed to be a certified kindergarten teacher.
The following two programs are in the teach out phase as the new birth-kindergarten degree is phased in.
The Michigan Department of Education has designed a new teacher certification structure based on grade bands. The grade bands that include elementary grades are: birth through kindergarten, pre-kindergarten through third grade, and third grade through sixth grade. LSSU students can earn a degree with one or more grade bands.
- Fall 2021 B-K Degree Audit (to teach students from birth through kindergarten)
- Fall 2021 PK-3 Degree Audit (to teach students from pre-kindergarten through 3rd grade)
- Fall 2021 3-6 Degree Audit (to teach students from 3rd through 6th grades)
- Fall 2021 B-3 Degree Audit (to teach students from birth through 3rd grade)
- Fall 2021 PK-6 Degree Audit (to teach students from pre-kindergarten through 6th grade)
The elementary education degree programs below are being taught out as the new programs are phased in.
- Elementary Education with Early Childhood Concentration Degree Audit Sheet F18
- Elementary Education with a Language Arts and Math Concentration Audit Sheet F18
- Elementary Teaching With Concentration in Special Education Learning Disabilities Audit Sheet F18
- Mathematics Elementary Teaching Audit Sheet F18
- Language Arts Elementary Teaching Audit Sheet F18
- Chemistry Secondary Teaching Audit Sheet F18
- Chemistry Secondary Teaching Minor Audit Sheet S15
- English Language and Literature Secondary Teaching Audit Sheet F18
- Integrated Science F18 Audit Sheet
- Mathematics Secondary Teaching Audit Sheet F18
- Mathematics Minor Audit Sheet F06
- Social Science Secondary Teaching BA F19 Degree Audit Sheet
- Social Science Secondary Teaching BS F19 Degree Audit Sheet
The Michigan Department of Education is moving to a new teacher certification structure based on grade bands. New middle school and secondary programs for English, math, science, and social studies are coming in the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 academic years. We will teach out anyone in any of the existing programs.