Ernest Kemp Mineral Resources Museum
The Museum, features several rock and mineral specimens as well as some interactive sand and water tables. The Museum includes a viewer friendly rotunda as well as several glass display cases that can be found throughout the ground floor of Crawford Hall. The Museum was opened in 2003 and dedicated to long time geology instructor/professor Ernest Kemp.
*Ernest Kemp was one of the original instructors of the Sault Branch of Michigan College of Mining and Technology in 1946 and developed the LSSU Geology program (See the: C. Ernest Kemp Endowed Scholarship).