Services for Students
Disability Services provides assistive learning technology support, advocacy and assistance in obtaining testing and documentation, and filing such documentation.A proactive approach is incorporated assuring compliance with ADA and public law 504.We provide equal access to programs of study, services, and activities. Disability Services assists students by:
- Providing information to students seeking disability services on campus.
- Verifying student documentation to establish eligibility for disability related services.
- Providing a Letter of Accommodation for students to present to faculty that includes accommodations identified for individual students.
- Providing support to students with disabilities via counseling, advocacy, referral etc.
- Coordinating and administering accommodated exams in the DS Testing Room.
- Providing disability-related technical assistance, auxiliary aids/services, etc.
- Clarifying student and faculty roles and responsibilities
Disability Services also houses the Ability Center for Exceptional Students (ACES). ACES provides a work and study area for students with disabilities.
Fees and Eligibility for Services
There are no fees associated with services.
Being a University-supported department, the services are restricted to enrolled students.
Alternative formats of this web page are available upon request.