Assisting Students with the Financial Aid Process
It is the mission of the Financial Aid Office to provide accurate and timely financial aid information to students to meet their educational expenses. Our goal is to offer all students a balanced financial aid package that is competitive and attractive, and best utilizes the resources available. We strive to assist and educate our students by providing the best service possible so that they can focus on their educational experience.
The LSSU Financial Aid Office staff is available to assist students with the financial aid process. Our experienced staff is available during office hours to respond to financial aid questions and requests. No appointments are necessary. The Financial Aid Office is located in the Fletcher Center for Student Services on the campus of Lake Superior State University.
2015-16 Financial Aid
FAFSA Priority Aid Deadline March 1st.
LSSU Federal School Code: 002293
- Scholarship Calculator
- ONE RATE at Lake State! (One tuition rate for students from throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico.)
- Request Michigan Indian Tuition Waiver (Due by Sept. 8, 2015 for fall semester, Jan. 18, 2016 for spring semester, and May 12, 2016 for summer semester.)
- Finalizing Your Financial Aid
- Loan/Cost Estimator Tool
- 2015-16 Cost
- Report Outside Aid (private scholarships or other aid not shown on your award letter)
- Parent PLUS Loans
- Alternative Loans
- Verification Forms
- IRS Data Retrieval Instructions
- LSSU is a military friendly school
- Scholarship Sign-Up Winners
- Exit Counseling: Notice to Students
- Notice to Nursing Students
Your Financial Aid
- Available Aid at LSSU
- LSSU Scholarships
- Don't miss out on FREE college tuition!
- How to keep your aid
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Entrance and Exit Counseling (external site)
- Glossary of Financial Aid Terms
- LSSU Academic Catalog
- LSSU Net Price Calculator
- Private Scholarship Offerings (Upperclass students)
- Private Scholarship Offerings (Freshmen)
- Sault Tribe Higher Education Scholarships
- Free Scholarship Search Tools
- Internships in the U.S. State Department
- Study Abroad
- IRS Data Retrieval Instructions
Helpful Financial Aid Web sites
- FAFSA - the federal aid application : Federal School Code: 002293; FSA ID Required
- Federal Student Aid Programs - answers to your questions about types of aid available and how the programs work.
- FAFSA4caster: What is federal student aid? Who qualifies? How do you apply? Get an early start on the financial aid process by learning the basics now.
- Entrance & Exit Counseling*: Student loan borrowers must complete an entrance counseling session and prior to graduating or leaving college, borrowers must complete an exit counseling session. FSA ID Required
- Promissory Notes*: for students and/or their parents. FSA ID Required
- NSLDS (National Student Loan Data System) - Student account information for all federal loans
- College Navigator - U.S. Department of Education's site for the Institute of Education Sciences (NCES) - LSSU's admission, retention and financial aid comparison information
- FREE Scholarship Search Sites
- Repayment Tips for Struggling Borrowers
- Information on Loan Consolidation
- Direct Consolidation Loan Application: Sign in to www.studentloans.gov to start your Direct Consolidation Loan Applications.
- Income Based Repayment: Information regarding this repayment option for Federal Loan borrowers experiencing partial financial hardship. Based on loan debt, income and family size.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness: Information on Federal Loan forgiveness available for public service employees.
Financial Aid Office
650 W. Easterday Ave.
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
Regular: 8am - 5pm
Summer: 8am - 4:30pm
NOTE: Please allow one to two business days for a response, when contacting us via e-mail or when leaving a voice message.