2017-2018 Incoming Freshman Scholarships
Scholarship criteria is reviewed each year and subject to change. Scholarships described here are for 2017-18.
Eligibility is automatically evaluated by the Financial Aid Office for all students admitted by May 1st for the following academic year.
All recipients in this section are selected by the Financial Aid Committee and may choose any degree curriculum offered by the University. Students must be citizens of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
Scholarships are awarded based on a point scale that is approved annually by the Financial Aid Committee. 50% weight is given to the overall high school GPA and 50% is based on the highest SAT or ACT composite score received by May 1st.
All renewable scholarships are based on the recipient meeting the University’s Scholarship Renewal Requirements.
Laker Gold Scholarship
- Value: Full Tuition up to 17 credits per semester, inclusive of other LSSU awards, renewable. Up to three scholarships will be awarded each year through the Lake Gold Competition.
- Criteria: must meet Board of Trustees Distinguished Scholarship criteria, must have applied for admission no later than December 1st of senior year of high school, must be invited to attend annual competition and respond by invitation due date.
Board of Trustees Distinguished Scholarship
- Value: up to $9,000 per year ($5,000 + $4,000 if Room & Board) – renewable
- Criteria: merit based; minimum points 180 (example: 3.80 GPA and 1310 SAT or 28 ACT)
Board of Trustees Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Value: up to $7,000 per year ($3,000 + $4,000 if Room & Board) – renewable
- Criteria: merit based; 173.5 – 179.99 points (example 3.70 GPA and 1280 SAT or 27 ACT)
Board of Trustees Academic Honors Scholarship
- Value: up to $6,000 per year ($2,000 + $4,000 if Room & Board) – renewable
- Criteria: merit based; 158.5 – 173.49 points (example: 3.50 GPA and 1200 SAT or 25 ACT)
Board of Trustees Academic Recognition Scholarship
- Value: up to $3,000 per year ($2,000 + $1,000 if Room & Board) – renewable
- Criteria: merit based; 128.5 – 158.49 points (example: 3.30 GPA and 1060 SAT or 21 ACT)
Note: The Board of Trustees Scholarships are determined by a total point value that is based on your GPA and ACT/SAT score, but a minimum GPA of 3.0 and 980 SAT or ACT of 19 is required to be considered.